Saturday, June 09, 2007
I Broke Something Else
Woo! For the first time in a long time, I've broken the 260lb. mark: I am now 256lbs. I coasted at 270lbs since last summer. I realized that I needed to establish a base camp to get my metabolism out of its starvation reflex. I am now making a point of walking as much as I can. I have some severe anxiety issues that have made the daily walks almost impossible. For a while, I've been dealing with it all in small bites:
- Frequent walks up to our crappy local hardware store, for supplies for my Cthulhu Sculpture.
- Smaller and more frequent grocery runs with an emphasis on getting fresh produce. Then, I'm trying to do those by foot.
- I'm trying to get to and from meetings by foot. The time difference is small and my boss has been suggesting these locales with underlines how good they are.
- I've started counselling to get a handle on it.
- I'm trying to quit coffee (and thereby cream and sugar). That's a chemical addiction and the process has been unkind.
- I'm replacing iced tea and Diet Coke with soda water. I actually like soda water a lot, so it's an easy task.
- My evening snack (when I want one), is often fruit.
- I'm back onto 5-HTP (100mg/day). 5-HTP has a lot of good side effects, so I going to stick with it until it bites me (as it did last August with major headache, dizzyness and jitts).